Sunday, November 9, 2008

We are here!

We made it safe and sound. It was one long flight and I dread going back again. I think California is rough...but this one has that flight beat! We will definitely pack lighter on the next trip. (As far as carry-ons) One computer bag and one carry on bag. That's all! I will learn to pack light!

We met a couple on the flight and she and I have been reading each others blogs. It was so funny, we totally knew one another... (at least in blogland)! They are staying at the same place as us, so that is cool. The apartment is really nice and relaxing. I'm soon going to fall asleep, and I just need to crash.

Chris was my hero this afternoon, when we arrived at the apartment. Seriously, my hero! I forgot to copy our Visas and he needed to locate the copy place and exchange dollars to rubles. He totally did all that, and found the grocery store as well! Right now he is at Friday's getting me a bite to eat. I have not been feeling well since I got off the plane. I'm wondering if it's equilibrium stuff, as I still feel like I'm in turbulence on the plane. Or maybe I'm just really really tired! Whatever it is, it's a dizzy feeling.... So, I'm not sure if I'll stay awake until he comes back. I'm thinking I'll be asleep!

Prayer Request: That I would feel much better in the morning and this dizzy feeling would end....

Have a good night! Dobre Noche!
Jackie

3 comments:

Carolynn and Steve said...

YAY! So glad to hear that you're there safely! My prayers that you get well quickly so that you can enjoy Moscow. It is such a great place when you are feeling well that my prayer is that you get to experience that and to be well to meet your kiddos. Much much love!

Flamingo said...

yeeeeeahhhh! where have i been? i can't believe you are there already. i think i will be a mess when i see you with your boys!!!

hope you are feeling better!

Carey and Norman said...

So glad to hear that you made it to Russia. I'm so looking forward to hearing about your first visit!! Thinking of you and praying for your trip to the orphanage!