Thursday, November 6, 2008

Packed and Ready to Go!

Woohoo!!! My very detailed spreadsheet (Thanks to Kim!) is just about checked off.... Just three things left, makeup, medicine, and my laptop. I was so proud of myself today, as I got the boys schoolwork all organized and ready for the week at my sister's. They know just what it is they are doing... and it feels sooo good to know they will not fall behind while we are away. :-) I also was able to pack what they will need for the week, and organize their closets in the process.

The house isn't exactly how I would like to leave it...but it will be fine until we get back. Thanks to Jennifer and Jamie for watching it while we are away! You guys are awesome, and we are blessed to have you as neighbors!

Thanks also to everyone who has piped in on the comments with some great suggestions. A special thanks to Becky and Keith for sending us a great charger, adapter, mask, ear plugs and of course candy for the flight! That was such a sweet care package and both Chris and I were touched! (However, I must admit that the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups did not even make it through this week.... we'll just chalk it up to stress on both our parts!)

I probably won't be checking back here tomorrow as we head to my sister's. I might be able to before we board the plane for our long flight. So, check back Saturday, and if you don't hear anything just assume that we'll check in on our blog when we are settled in on Sunday. :-)

Dobre Nochee! (Goodnight!)
Jackie

6 comments:

Triathamom said...

Whoohooo! Here you go!

Carey and Norman said...

Safe travels. I'm getting so excited to read more about your journey next week! Yippee!!

The Bolivars said...

YEA! I am so happy for you guys! The girls and I will be saying our prayers for you guys to have safe travels! Can't wait to get the updates!

Becky and Keith said...

Yippeee!!!! I'm so excited and can't wait for you first Russian post! :-) I had guessed the chocolate wouldn't make it the week - I surprised you only ate one package! :-) Love the pictures of you and Chris - those are my favorite kind of pictures... the goofing off kind! Have a safe trip to your sister's house! We'll be thinking about you non-stop!

Carolynn and Steve said...

Jackie!!!!

You're on your way! I am so very excited for all of you! Godspeed and have a blast! You're in for the ride of a lifetime!

Much, much love,
Carolynn

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Bon Voyage!!! Safe travels!!! Looks like we'll miss you by a week. Maybe we'll run into you at the Moscow airport!