Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Common Cold

Well, it's official I do have a full blown cold. I knew it was coming when I got the scratchy sore throat... and ds2 had a full blown cold on Wednesday. I guess it is better that I get it now, and have a few days to get over it, than to get it closer to when we are scheduled to leave. I am not very good when I am down for the count with a virus. I am glad I am not going to meet the little ones in Russia feeling the way I do. I'm not sure how I envision that first meeting, but it certainly doesn't include head congestion and a runny nose! (At least not on my part!)

Thursday I made homemade chicken noodle soup fo ds2. I'm so glad I did that, as it was the perfect thing for me today! That and some camomile tea and a long nap. There is so much to still do, and I was hoping to get some of it done this weekend. Chris has an incredibly busy 4 day week.... and I know once Monday hits our time will be limited. We leave Friday morning for my sister's house... and so all th packing etc has to be done by Thursday evening....

I'm off to take that nap, so I can feel better.....

6 comments:

Susan said...

Praying that you recover quickly.

Carolynn and Steve said...

Oh my goodness....
Holding you in my prayers that you shake this bug quickly. Being sick is NO FUN, especially in the midst of all that you have going on. Get some good rest, my friend, and know that it WILL all get taken care of...
God is with you.

jeannie said...

I keep forgetting to come here.
Only 4 more days?
I am still so excited for you guys.

I do hope you get to feeling 100% better by the time you guys leave.

I was wondering, maybe you have said. But, what/how are the boys feeling about all of this?

Carey and Norman said...

I hope you get to feeling better. It sounds like you are getting ready for your travels to Russia. Glad you thinking of these things before you leave for Russia. I'm glad you practiced the video and everything. Great idea.

Troy and Rachel said...

Goodness - I hope you get well soon. At least you will be well on your trip!

Mama Fish said...

I hope so! Right now, Tuesday evening, I feel cruddy. My nose is still running, red and sore... and I hav an added cough. At least I know I'll have lots of medicine with me for the trip!