Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Update

Last night Chris and I were beginning to pack our multitude of stuff. I can say that I was officially overwhelmed. We didn't have everything, so we had pieces of outfits, which made it more difficult. I still have to run back to Kohl's today and exchange two pair of jeans that I got for him in the wrong size. I hope to finish up all the packing and purchasing today. Then tonight we can focus on packing up the boys.

My cold is still hanging on, but it gets a little better each day. I can pretty much breathe now (a good thing!) I still have a runny nose and cough, and I am hoping that at least the nose clears up by the time we board the plane in 3 days. I'm drinking lots of OJ, and chamomile tea and taking lots of vitamin C. I'm counting on it all helping!

Someone asked me if I was excited. I have moments when I am for sure, but with so much to do before we leave I haven't really let it sink in yet. I think when we are heading to the airport it will hit me. :-) Someone else asked about how the boys are feeling about everything. Again, I asked them if it's sunk in that we are going to Russia to meet two little ones, and they said "not yet". I think it's a bit of an intangible surreal thing for all of us at the moment. They ARE however looking way forward to visiting their Aunt and Uncle and cousins! One week of fun, fun, fun!!

I realize that I need to post more pictures on here.... I have been really lazy about that! So, I think my next post will be a picture post... just all pictures... :-) (Well and a few captions as well...lol!)

1 comment:

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

So glad you are feeling a little better. Just think...all you will have to do is sit on a plane and stare at the seat in front of you for a few hours soon....and then you get to go see two little cuties!

Everything will come together and if you forget something...it will be ok. Just remember, people in Russia wear the same thing for a few days, so if you do this, it really is ok. Take one outfit for both of you that you save for the trip home. I did this and was so glad to have a comfy running suit to put on for the long trip...you will be very tired.

Can't wait to hear more!!!