Saturday, November 8, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane

The first leg of our journey was at my sister and brother in law's home. What a GREAT time we all had last night! We arrived a little before 5pm and hung out before dinner. It was great to see all my nieces again and all the cousins had a blast! We had Chinese Chicken salad for dinner and homemade apple pie for dessert. Before the children's bedtime we had an opportunity to pray together as families. It was quite special, and meant so much to both Chris and I that we all took the time to do that. We couldn't be doing this trip without Lisa and Kevin and the girls, and we know our boys are going to have a wonderful week!

After the kids went to bed, Uncle K. had purchased some authentic Russian liquid for a special toast. So, the saying in Russian for "To your health" is Nasta Roviya. I wish I had a picture of all of us... it was funny. My sister video taped each of us... I can't wait to see it. One toast and then we broke out the game Guesstures. Hysterical!! I have not laughed so hard in such a long long time! Everyone had a great time and what memories we have made!

So, thanks to Chris's global internet on his computer, I can blog from the airport.... I'm nervous and excited and all emotional as well. Let's just say it was hard to leave my boys... but I held it together! Next time you hear from me will be tomorrow evening. (I know I said that before didn't I???) LOL!

Paka
Jackie

3 comments:

Carolynn and Steve said...

My prayers are with all of you as you travel and wait. My God hold you all very closely to His heart and keep you safe. May He grant you wisdom and grace and peace...and some fun, too!
All my love!

Triathamom said...

What a special send off! I will keep you & Chris...your sister's family & your boys in my prayers. I cannot wait for the next update!

Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

You are TOO funny! Glad to see that all is well.