Friday, November 14, 2008

Last Day to Visit

This morning we had our last visit at the orphanage with our little one. He was a little tired, and for the first part only wanted to be in my arms. (Hey! No complaining whatsoever by me!) So, we walked around the room and I did my mommy sway, since I seem to have never stopped.

I will be glad to get him home finally, where he can have more one to one interaction! Though I will say at this orphanage the caregiver ratio is pretty good, and the facilities seem very nice. We always met in the music room...which is a large area with mirrors and a little stage. But there are not many toys, so it is a good thing we brought ours with us

We hope to go back for court soon....and to finally be able to bring him home with us. But I'll tell ya, this girl, is ready to get home again. My sister and brother-in-law have been SAINTS~ for taking care of our boys. We are so grateful, and again could not have done this without them!

I'll leave you with some photos. Russian law says that we may not show photos of children's faces on the internet, until after the child has officially been declared ours by a court of law. So, here are some cropped shots for you.....better than nothing right? :-)


One of the little ducks we would pretend to feed.


Showing Daddy how to draw. See how this bright child holds a pencil? That took one look at Mama using it, and he copied it right away... smart boy!


Playing the xyllophone.



Another use for xyllophones... racing with Daddy!



Reading one of Mama and Daddy's old favorites! The pictures move!



Paka!! Bye-Bye!

5 comments:

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Jackie,

I'm glad you got to spend more time with your little man. He sure looks like a cutie from (from what we can see.)

Safe travels back! Kim

Carolynn and Steve said...

such cute pictures! I am so glad that you have found peace about all this and that you sound so excited and happy about your son to be. Prayers for you both that the end of your trip will be blessed with God's presence and grace. Much love!

Carey and Norman said...

I'm loving the pictures and the adorable white outfit (did you bring that?). He looks precious. I cannot wait until we can see that little cutie's features as his little body and fingers are too sweet.

So glad you are doing well and enjoying your time together. I too was ready to come home, but in two weeks you'll be ready to go back ;o)

Flamingo said...

i am just catching up.

oh jackie...i am sooo sorry for your emotional ordeal. i can not imagine having to make that decision. it's crazy they won't look for another referral...like there aren't any other children there that need homes!

i hope all goes well with your goodbyes.

Anonymous said...

Catching up after a week with the plague. ;-) Your little boy looks beautiful...you know, from the neck down.

I know this has been an emotionally stressful week for you both. Praying for peace, rest and a safe trip home.