Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Day Two Visit

Thank you for all of your prayers.... we too were praying for wisdom, clarity and direction. Today we made a very difficult decision. Unfortunately we had to decline the referral for the older boy. It was such a very difficult thing to do..... the worst! Today's visit really helped our decision.... I think the hardest part is that our coordinator is very attached to this child, and she is of course disappointed. The other hard part is that we found out today that they we will be unable to look for another referral for us. That means that we will most likely be adopting one little boy. We are saddened by that as well. All of this has been a very emotional process, and quite tough.

We did have a visit this afternoon with the younger little boy and that went well...so there is a silver lining for today.

Until tomorrow...
Jackie

6 comments:

burke5 said...

Jackie-
I am so glad I finally figured out how to post (Pretty sad, huh?!)
I have been praying for you!! I hope that as I post this you are finally enjoying peaceful sleep!
My heart aches for you with these big decisions, but God is and will continue to give both you and Chris wisdom and direction.
Just know that I am sending you a big hug!
I love you!!
Suz

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Jackie,
I'm sorry you had to make that difficult decision, but I know you and Chris did the right thing for your family.

I thought we would adopt two as well so I feel your heart ache. I was sooo ready to go back for another child when we got home from trip one (still am really) but know that probably won't happen now.

I still think about the referral we lost and all the what-ifs, but time is healing those wounds slowly but surely. I pray it will for you too. Especially since we know there is a specific child in Russia whom God has called us to parent.

There is a reason these other children are brought into our lives for however short a time it may be. We may never know that reason, but we can trust that HE does and HE knows what we need better than we do sometimes. Hope you'll get a few more visits with the youngest boy and you can focus all your love and attention on him.

I can't wait to hear more about little guy #1.

[[[[[[HUGS]]]]] Kim

Becky and Keith said...

Jackie and Chris - I know your decision was such a difficult one, but one that was right for your family. I hope the rest of your trip with the little guy goes well. We'll be keeping you all in our prayers. Hope you get a great nights sleep.

Carey and Norman said...

Jackie,

I'm so sorry to hear that you had to decline the older child. I know how hard that must have been. Just follow your heart and God will lead you to make the decisions that are best for your family. I know how hard it is to make these decisions so quickly while in a foreign country while the staff is speaking a foreign language, but God will be with you and give you the strength you need.

Much Love!!

Troy and Rachel said...

Jackie,

I can't imagine how hard that decision was for you and we are praying for the peace and knowledge you need to know that you are making the best possible decision for you and your family. I am glad that the visits with the younger child are working out. God always answers prayers and works in mysterious ways. We are thinking of you.

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Sending more prayers your way! It is all going to work out...remember, His plans are not always OUR plans...

Hugs to you!!!