Monday, November 10, 2008

Dobre Dien

Which means Good Afternoon!

I finally fell asleep again in the wee hours of the morning. Those blackout masks really help to make it dark, and the ear plugs helped as well. I just wish my brain would have shut down earlier. Too many things running through my mind. Anyway, surprisingly it was 10:30am here in Russia when we woke up.

We took our time getting ready and Chris sort of made coffee with our hot pot. We started with a set back because there was not a regular old coffee machine. Then top that off with Maxwell House coffee. (Preferable to the instant though). It was a little better than dishwater flavored with vanilla creamer. :-) Thankfully after lunch we found the Starbucks. It will be utilized more often. Maybe for Chris's early morning runs. j/k

We walked along Old Arabat street today. I really like it! We had Ron and Dinia's map and so we found the little souvenir shop. We already can see we will be heading back again before we leave. I can't wait to bring things home to show the kids and for our Around the World Day next year with my homeschool group. We have quite a few souvenirs to pick up, that's for sure! We picked up two today and Irina at the shop asked if we would like to do a shot of Vodka. I declined, but Chris was all for it.... so buy a souvenir, get a shot of vodka. lol!

We ate lunch at The Hard Rock Cafe. Up until then I really wasn't affected by all the smoking people were talking about. But I guess we haven't been around it. Even at the airport it wasn't bad.... but at the restaurant... ugh! After the Hard Rock Cafe, we stopped at a small grocery store and picked up a few things for dinner tomorrow evening. I'll be making spaghetti. I should have picked up frozen pizza that we could just stick in the oven. Who knows....we may be heading to McDonalds tomorrow evening once we visit the kids.

Now we are back in our apartment for a little while before we head out to meet some friends for dinner. A couple from Chattanooga is here, and the husand works at the same company as Chris. They just finalized their adoption of a little girl, so we are all going out to dinner. They have some missionary friends who they ran into here in Moscow, and we are all going to their home. Should be a fun evening! Hopefully not too long as I need to get some rest tonight.

Tomorrow morning we have an appointment with the Ministry of Education. Then we drive to the orphanage to meet our children. We confirmed that the Drs medical evaluations have been appointed.... so that is good!

Until tomorrow.....Paka!

Jackie (who is ready to fall asleep already!)

5 comments:

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Jackie, I'm praying that you will be feel much better when you wake up! I cna't believe there you know people there already... it's a small world afterall!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you two are having such a great time! I'm glad everything is going well. Blessings to you both!

Carolynn and Steve said...

SO glad to hear that you're feeling better! Yay! You got to walk down the Arbat--how amazing that is! I'm so holding you both in my prayers for tomorrow. May God grant you grace and peace and rest...and all of the other good gifts he grants!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

so glad your trip is going well! I will be praying for the meeting tomorrow and for a good night's sleep as well!

Take care and can't wait to hear more!
Kristine

Carey and Norman said...

Glad you had a wonderful day in Moscow. It sounds like you had fun venturing out on Arbat street. I cannot wait to hear more about your purchases and time visiting wtih friends for dinner. But, most of all I'm ready to hear about your first meeting at the orphanage!! Can't wait!