Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Day One Visit

Well after that uplifting evening.... I struggled once again to find sleep. It seems that I can sleep for a couple of hours and then wake up completely awake and I have a hard time falling back asleep. That was the case last evening. When I did eventually fall asleep I had just horrible dreams. Typically I can't even remember a dream, but last night I could and it was awful.

Today was an extremely long day, never did I imagine it would be this difficult. We left at 9:30am and did not return until 8:30pm. The children are in two separate orphanages clear across town, so that is one of the reasons our day was so long. Plus we are visiting two children.... and it just doubles all your time.

I am so exhausted now, that I just want to post a brief prayer request. Please pray for our decision regarding the second little child (almost 4yrs old). Our visit with him was a little shorter and definitely we were all more tired. (It wasn't until 5pm in the evening.) I have several concerns, and we want to be sure we make the best decision for our family. We really need clear heads and clarity, wisdom and direction tomorrow. I never dreamed this decision would be so difficult, so please pray for us tomorrow. We go back and visit at 10:00am. We plan on having lunch and discussing everything together, and then talking to our coordinator before the visit with the littlest child.

Also if you can pray that I get some good sleep tonight I would appreciate it. After that awesome evening last night, I have definitely felt under attack. No doubt about it.

Thanks!
Jackie

8 comments:

Flamingo said...

i just prayed!

Mamosa said...

Praying! All of this seems so surreal, I can't imagine how it seems from your perspective!

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

I'm praying for you too. I understand how difficult it is to make life altering decisions when you head is not clear. I pray for you to get some much needed rest and that for the remainder of your days in Moscow your mind will be at peace with the decisions before you.

Remember, the presence of God watches over you. Wherever you are, God is.

Carey and Norman said...

Oh Jackie,

My heart goes out to you because meeting your little ones in a foreign country with little to no sleep is very hard emotionally. I think trip 1 is so hard as you are meeting your children for the first time and so many emotions and expectations are involved.

I will definitely pray for your meeting tomorrow and that God will provide clarity in all the decisions made. I am so inspired by your dinner the evening before and agree that God has great things planned for you during your time in Russia.

Many prayers and lots of love coming your way!!

Anonymous said...

Praying, Jackie.

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Prayers coming your way. Hope you got some rest and can make a good decision today. So hard to do when you are exhausted....

Hugs to you!

Carolynn and Steve said...

Jackie,

Sorry I didn't see this and post sooner---you are definitely in my prayers as you make these choices. Listen to your heart--I believe that God will lead you to do what is right in HIS heart and eyes. God has been there already, preparing things for you and for your family--it will all be alright. Holding you closely in my heart and mind today and in the next week!
Much love!

Becky and Keith said...

We are definitely praying for you! It's so tough to be so far from home, partially sick, jet lagged and deal with such emotionally taxing things. I hope you had a very, very good nights sleep. Hang in there!!