Sunday, December 7, 2008

Leaving in less than 3 days!

We have our passports, travel visas all ready. I almost have all our documents for court. I have not gotten word back from my picture place about the photos I ordered for court. YIKES!!! I need those photos like tomorrow! Chris has to get 4 documents notarized tomorrow, and that should take care of our Final stage paperwork.

We fly out of Hotlanta (which is pretty chilly by the way) on Wednesday. We return a short 4 days later. I am armed with some stronger sleep aids for the plane this time. Thanks to my wonderful doctor!

Court is on Friday, so everyone please be praying for us that day. Especially that we would have well thought out answers to the judges questions. I pray that some how we would be an impact to the people around us. I was in Sunday school this morning and was really challenged that we are going to be in Russia during Christmas, and that the people we will be in direct contact with are all lost. Pray that if God opens up those conversations we would be aware and that he would use us to present the gospel to those around us. Yes, we will have lots of things going on while we are there.... but what better time to share of Christ's love, than Christmas.

Onto a less spiritual subject, I need to get packed up tomorrow! I mean it! Everything must get packed... so please pray that it all comes together! I feel like after trip One I am "wingin' it" this time. :-)

4 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

YAY! So close! Don't you worry about court - you will do GREAT! Get packing sister... If you get stuck in Hotlanta, give me a ring!

Becky and Keith said...

Ummm... not that I want you to get stuck, but if you DO need anything while in Atlanta, I'm here for ya! :-) (Just realized how bad the whole "stuck" thing sounded!)

Carey and Norman said...

Oh my goodness, you leave so soon. I am so excited and ready to follow your journey to Moscow. We will pray for your court hearing on Friday that the judge will be in your favor and not make it too stressful. Remember to have a good response for religion. Seems to be a common question (especially for the men). I think they link this to the abuse which occurred on adopted children from Russia.

Looking forward to reading more as the week progresses.

Carolynn and Steve said...

Jackie!
So glad to hear that you are So CLOSE to being back there....yes, I am still alive, and I promise to write a real email soon--trying to finish up last bunch of papers that have to be graded before finals next week. You will be FINE---take deep breaths, and just go enjoy--God will be with you! Much, much love!