Friday, December 12, 2008

He's Officialy Ours!!

We had court this morning and it was a whirlwind! Fastest court I have ever been to.....! Our translator is so very good at what she does, she's super confident and sweet! She and our driver were very reassuring before we went into court. Chris did a fabulous job answering so many of the questions. He really had the lion's share of them. I probably had about 5 questions total. The judge was very serious and you could tell she has the children's best interest at heart. Yet, her eyes were kind and it was somehow very reassuring as well. She was speaking super fast, and it was difficult for our translator to keep up with her... so much so that at the end when we were asked if we agree with her verdict... we had no idea if the verdict was Yes or not! lol! We could tell by the smile on our translators face that it was... and she nodded her head and of course we agreed. lol! And that was our time in court. I am so glad it was first thing in the morning, as I would not have wanted to wait all day.

After court we drove to the orphanage and they got our little guy ready to go out.... not because the 10 days was waived.. It wasn't. But we had to get his passport photo taken. Poor guy, he was definitely scared and cranky as it was his naptime. I wouldn't have wanted to go out in the cold either! It's funny because he cries when he has to take off his snow jacket, hat and scarf. Putting it on is no big deal. It took him a little bit to warm up to us.... he didn't want to come to me, but the caregiver kind of guided him over and I scooped him up as I knew we had to get moving!

He did great in the car, though we brought airplane bags just in case. He was fine! Just sat in my lap and watched the traffic. He was definitely tired and definitely unsure! We got the pictures accomplished and then went back to the orphanage where he cried again to have his hat and jacket and scarf taken off. Poor guy! After that Chris got him to warm up to us pretty well! Just silly daddy stuff! You could see his face not wanting to smile, but as Chris is pretty tireless in the silly daddy antics he got some smiles, then giggles, then outright laughs from him! lol!

We came home and crashed, then grabbed a bite to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe. Then Chris took me to the really nice grocery store... and boy was it really nice! Ummm I mean I'm calling it the Gucci grocery store from now on.... I do believe we may actually buy a few things from there next time. Like maybe one berry for 100 rubles. lol! We figured out a pint of Hagen Daz ice cream was close to $15.00. Like I said the most expensive city in Europe... no wonder we are flying home in between trips!

Tomorrow we get to visit the orphanage again and our count of days starts then. So, after tomorrow there are 9 left. We fly back out on Sunday afternoon, very early Sunday morning EST. I'll be glad to get back home, but it's gonna be another whirlwind trip! This next one though, we are bringing home the best Christmas gift ever!

15 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you. Sorry your days were not waived, but I know you were not expecting them to be. Enjoy your time in Moscow and have a safe trip home. The time home goes quickly and you'll be back in Russia before you know it bringing your little guy home.

I think it is so sweet that he doesn't like to take off his coat and hat. I guess he doesn't get to go out often and enjoys the change of scenery.

Congratulations mom and dad!! Glad court went well too!

Mamosa said...

I agree! That is the best Christmas present!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jackie!!!
I'm so excited for you!!!
Congrats and I can't wait to meet the little one.
Travel safe and I'm praying.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! We are rejoicing with you!!

The Bolivars said...

Yea, It's A Boy! Congrats! SOOOO happy for all of you!

Susan said...

How absolutely WONDERFUL!! Your day has come to add another blessing to your home!!!!

Triathamom said...

Whooohooo!!!

Carolynn and Steve said...

Hooorayyyyyy!!!!! Doing the happy dance here! I am SO very happy for you all, and I'm so glad that everything went so smoothly today after all the craziness in getting there---I hope that the rest of the time there goes just as smoothly, and that traveling home and back one last time are a piece of cake.
Best Christmas present EVER! You're so right!

God's blessings always Jackie! I'm so very glad to hear this news!
Much love

jeannie said...

What a perfect present for everyone.. I just cant wait to meet him....

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Jackie, I am thrilled for you! I know it must be very hard to wait the ten days out, but hopefully it will be time to get him before you know it. Moscow is soooo very expensive - Martin enjoyed a $35 double cheeseburger one day. I spent $60 dollars at the grocery store and only had a few cans of soda and a pack of diapers. Crazy!

Stephanie said...

Praise God from Whom all blessings FLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Becky and Keith said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Sounds like the best court visit anyone could possibly ask for. I know you're home now and preparing to bring your Christmas present home. HOW EXCITING!! :-)

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Congratulations!!! Soooo happy for you guys!

burke5 said...

How AWESOME!! We are thrilled for the Fisher family--what a Christmas blessing!!

Stephanie said...

Praise God! I cannot wait to meet him and celebrate his life!
Please let me know when we can have a shower!