Monday, October 20, 2008

Yay! More of you have landed here! I love it! There still are quite a few that have not made it over...probably due to the blogger error that is affecting invitations to private blogs. Thanks Carrie for that heads up.... like I said, naturally that would happen to me when I decide to go private. I'm a magnet for blogger bugs. :-)

Carey and Kim mentioned the all important backpacks. We definitely will be bringing these. We have one for our computer that will also hold additional items and I have an Eddie Bauer backpack diaper bag that I bought at the consignment sale. My friend Jennifer found it for me ($8 total), and convinced me that it would come in handy to be hands free. She was quite right it seems.... :-)

Kim sent me along a packing list via email, and it is awesome! Very detailed, it covers most anything. I re-worked it to fit the things we were bringing and combined it with the list from our agency. Now I have one all-inclusive list that I can keep checking things off of. I'm hoping to go purchase my carry-on luggage tomorrow.

There is still so much to be done. Someone at church last night mentioned I'd be packing for the boys, and then I remembered I not only had to pack us up...but I needed to pack for my two boys for the week! UGH! Getting Chris and I organized is hard enough....I'll just pack light for the boys. Thank goodness my sister does laundry everyday. (Unlike her laundry procrastinating sister!)

That's the update for now... I'm waiting on an email from our agency to clarify a few documents needed. I'll get working on more of my list tomorrow.

9 comments:

The Bolivars said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'm playing catch-up as I forget that I have to personally come check private blogs. Wow! Just a little over two weeks! I am so excited for you all.

Mama Fish said...

Ummm... I know. I'm starting to stress a bit. lol!

Unknown said...

Good luck in your journey!
Love, Dad Fisher

Mama Fish said...

Yay! You made it Dad! We're so glad you are here!

Troy and Rachel said...

Wow - you're leaving in no time!! Sounds like you have your packing list all ready and all organized! I wouldn't know what to do if I had to pack my boys too!! Remember, if you're coming through my way - give me a shout!

Lisa said...

Your laundy lovin' sister made it onto your site! Thanks for the help.

Mama Fish said...

Yay!! It's so nice to see the name Lisa there..... :-)

Carey and Norman said...

Glad you are getting organized and ready for your trip!! I cannot wait...I think I've mentioned that a few hundred times ;o)