Sunday, October 19, 2008

Travel Dates

Looks like many of you have found the new blog! Yay!! I still have about 1/2 that haven't navigated their way over... Hopefully they'll make it in the next day or so.

First let me say one thing... my "e" is sticking. So if you find somthing mispelled, that I didn't catch, and it's missing an "e"....that's why. And if anyone knows how to unstick an "e", let me know 'cause it's driving me nuts.

Okay, travel dates.... We are traveling... ready? November 8th-15th. I counted it out with my mom today and it's 2 weeks and 6 days. It certainly sounds a lot closer than 3 weeks. Just hearing that 2 weeks in front, motivates me to get moving, doing something, anything along th lines of gtting prepared. Tomorrow I'm getting all the paperwork ready. I have a few checklists that I'm working on and I'm going to try and tackle one section a day. I'm also going to put two open suitcases upstairs in the spare bedroom and add all the things that are ready. Plus, I'm going to hang the combined checklist on the wall in that room, so as I add things I can check them off....Pretty good plan? I think so.

I still need to order some things for our trip... My mom and dad loaned me two suitcases (not the brand new ones thank goodness as I would worry they would get ruined). Now I just need to purchase our carry-on suitcases. I'm also looking for a good pair of boots to bring. I'm feeling cold here in Tennessee, (fire is lit this evening) so I can't imagine how cold I'll be in Russia!

It's going to be a crazy busy week. Chris has huge deadlines at work, so I'll be handling a lot of things on my own. It figures as we get ready to travel, things pick up to a very brisk pace for him at work. I'm just going to have to take things one day at a time. Right? :-)

3 comments:

Susan said...

It took me some doing but I finally figured out how to log in!! I kept getting an error message.

I can't believe it's only 2 weeks away. If there is ANYTHING I can do to help please let me know.

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Sticky "e" solution - first, check to see if anything has been dropped on keyboard and fallen under the "e" such as a paparclip or some crumbs. If so, try to extract it from above.

If that didn't work, use a screwdriver to pop the "e" off your keyboard. Clean all around the "e" space and inside the "e" key using a q-tip and alcohol. Then, push it back into place.

Good Luck!

jeannie said...

You know, Nov 8 is really not that far away at all...